Tuesday 22 March 2016

Some bits and pieces

I've had a good week, modelling and painting as well as acquiring a few little gems (particularly thanks to Stuart at Anyscale Models and Jeff (AHA) who are good suppliers, reasonable and good blokes to deal with (both have connections through eBay, note).

As I build up towards having a good ww2 like setting for me to play out some games for my own amusement whilst the ECW campaign rolls on, I needed to review what I had available.

One thing I was very short on was French aircraft.  Since my mythic state of Doza is based roughly on French technology and soldiers, I have been adding the odd thing or two - here a Dewoitine and Morane which will buzz into action when the Dozan/French forces go out on the table.

I also pulled alot of my old airfix and other units out for review and consideration.
A T34 based combination went into Winter colours as Tobarian supplied armour under Dalmanian colours.  I may need to run up another similar squadron for Valdarian use.

And how about this M16?  A really nice model from Eaglemoss that I picked up to add to the collection.  I have always been a little light on flak, particularly mobile.  I nearly bid on an old searchlight model in the week but decided I may have to try making a bunch, particularly one fitted to a mobile unit.   A  half-track would be ideal.  Now I'll have to find an M16 or similar body to mount it.

Currently, I have French and 8th Army, some old tanks, a couple of other vehicles and more Greeks on the table to paint plus one bridge to finish, a command post and some ruins. 

Watch out for more pics, later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment