Monday 9 November 2015

Progress

I bought my first addition to the rebuild cause back in the early Summer. I was at a car boot and spotted a ferret APC. It was in a terrible bright green paint and not a good condition but at least it only cost me 50p instead of £4-5 which it might have done.

I painted that for desert warfare as there's going to be plenty of that, I'm sure.
Pleased with that and half a dozen Britains British Army figures at £2, I had got the taste. Over the next few weeks, I started looking at every boot sale and on eBay for affordable stuff.

Furthermore, dragging the contents of crates and boxes down from the loft in manageable groups, I was able to take stock of what I still had and how many unpainted figures I had remaining after the sale.

Since the action at 1/32 level would be based at the squad level and since squads would be half the real size, I needed to create groups of 6-8 men at a time, which was a lot more manageable in order to buld platoons of around 18-20.  Armour would operate in squadrons of 3 as in most armies but you would rarely have more than one squadron per side on the field. The field guns and all other equipment would similarly be limited.

At the same time, I went looking for materials to use for building and for templates. The template for sandbags in the picture was handy. I have made a good few of those, now. The first squad I decided would be an Africa Korps one to test my 25mm painting style on larger figures.  I was relatively happy with the outcome and moved on to Imperial Japanese, two squads of plus one attached mortar section.

At the same time, with Chrissie's invaluable help, I begun the buildings workshop. The job of putting the assets back together had begun in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment